TITLE: Adult/child Counselor
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION: Counsel women and their children who have been exposed to domestic violence; provide counseling services to women and their children residing in the shelter. Strive to fulfill the mission of the YWCA Pueblo in every aspect of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide individual and group counseling to women and their children (resident and non-resident).
- Provide individual and group parenting instruction and support to residents and non-residents.
- Conduct therapy sessions with women and their children.
- Provide individual domestic violence counseling for non-offending adult parents both resident and non-resident.
- Provide an individual offender class as required.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Facilitate Strong Girls’ Club Program.
- Maintain statistics and records as requested by the domestic violence services director.
- Make appropriate referrals.
- Act as liaison for the Counseling Program with other professional community agencies.
- Facilitate Mandatory Restraining Order (MRO) classes.
- Crisis intervention as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to focus and follow through each detail.
- Ability to be creative and flexible in stressful situations.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and the ability to make timely, sound decisions.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Behavioral Science or a related field. An official transcript and copy of degree must be provided prior to employment. Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be registered with the State of Colorado.
- Two years experience counseling women and their children.
- Two years experience in play therapy.
- Ability to be supportive, non-judgmental, and empathetic to victims of domestic violence and other persons in crisis.
- Ability to handle crisis situations in a calm manner.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods.
- Ability to bend, squat and kneel.
- Ability to lift, push and pull twenty five pounds.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Must register and maintain registration with the State of Colorado Mental Health Grievance Board. Must be a registered psychotherapist in the state of Colorado.
Reports to: Domestic Violence Services Director
Work primarily performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions; may need to physically lift, push, pull or carry items weighing up to 25 pounds. Travel may be required. Will be required to work evening and weekends as business needs dictate.
Search the Site
Get in Touch
Crisis Hotline: 719-545-8195
DV Services: 719-545-8195
801 N. Santa Fe Ave.
Pueblo, CO 81003