TITLE: Security Guard
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Security Guard provides safety & security for the Center’s participants. The Security Guard will screen for safety issues and will be present for all supervised visits and monitored exchanges. The Security Guard will ensure that unauthorized persons will not be allowed entrance into the Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor the Center and grounds for risks to safety of the program’s participants.
- Use metal detector wand to check for weapons or objects that can be used as weapons.
- Secure all visiting parents’ personal items (e.g. cell phones, purses) which are not permitted into the visitation rooms.
- Ensure that non-custodial and custodial parents do not interact or have the opportunity to interact in the Center or parking areas.
- Monitor parking areas on occasion.
- Ensure that only authorized persons will be allowed entrance to the Center.
- Make sure that all parties are treated with an equal amount of respect.
- Monitor conversations which occur in the non-custodial waiting area and intervene if necessary.
- Establish healthy, appropriate relationships with participants of the Center.
- Escorts adult victims to their assigned parking areas if necessary.
- Helps create an environment that feels safe for adult victims, children and staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Attend staff meetings and all required trainings.
- Escort Center staff to parking area if necessary.
- All other duties and responsibilities as requested by SVSE Center Supervisor, Domestic Violence Services Director and/or Executive Director in the absence of the SVSE Center Supervisor or Domestic Violence Services Director.
Search the Site
Get in Touch
Crisis Hotline: 719-545-8195
DV Services: 719-545-8195
801 N. Santa Fe Ave.
Pueblo, CO 81003