Job Opening: Full-Time Nonprofit Accountant/Bookkeeper
Reports to: Executive Director Location: Pueblo, CO
Application Deadline: Opened until filled
Compensation and; Benefits: Salary negotiable based on experience and job scope. Paid vacation, health benefits, and 401(k) retirement plan.
YWCA Pueblo seeks a versatile, results-oriented professional to join our team. We are hiring an Accountant/Bookkeeper to execute all of the organization’s bookkeeping and accounting functions.
Candidates interested in a full-time position who demonstrate significant expertise/experience in any of the following areas may be considered for an expanded role with a salary to be negotiated: grants and contract management, HR functions, organizational data/database management, experience with CRM tools or workflow management software, or management of outsourced services. Proficiency in QuickBooks is mandatory.
The YWCA of Pueblo is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Learn more about YWCA Pueblo on our website at: www.ywcapueblo.com. We provide a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, a fun team to work with, and a positive workplace for supporting your career development.
Specific accounting/bookkeeping responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP.
- Prepare Journal Entries for prepaid expense, deferred revenue and payroll cash accounts.
- Process and pay all invoices in a timely manner.
- Receive and deposit all organizational revenue.
- Execute monthly payroll activities using a 3rd party payroll service provider.
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual reports and grant-specific financial reports.
- Manage time tracking process for employees with hours billable to grants, utilizing online time tracking tool, and extract data to make appropriate payroll entries for financial and grant reporting.
- Work closely with outside CPA to execute month-end closing procedures and postings.
- Coordinate with outside CPA and Auditors in preparation of year-end audit and IRS 990/State CT-12 filings.
- Support Executive Director in development and analysis of annual organization budget.
- Support Executive Director and Program Directors in developing grant proposal budgets.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Be key interface with banks and under the direction of the Executive Director, be responsible for cash management (e.g. anticipating cash needs and transferring funds to ensure sufficient cash available at all times).
- Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative.
- Accounting degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years work experience in a bookkeeping/accounting function.
- Experience working in nonprofit multi-fund accounting, including experience tracking and reporting financial data for multiple grant funders, preferably with federal grants.
- Strong QuickBooks skills, including all normal accounting transactions, GL management, budgeting, and reporting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience going through a financial audit.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail, strong communication, and problem solving are all critical skills for success in this role.
- Commitment to the principles of sustainability and sustainable economic development.
As the chosen applicant will be working in a small organization and operating in a very dynamic environment, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required. Employees are expected to work collaboratively to ensure organizational success.
Please send the following items as electronic attachments (.pdf or .doc) in an E-mail to YWCA Pueblo Executive Director Zelna Joseph at email@example.com.
- Cover letter describing your fit for the position, including experience that aligns with the qualifications in the job description. Please also include your current or most recent compensation information and current contact information (email and phone). The cover letter should focus on the fit for the accounting/bookkeeping role. If you are interested in an expanded scope/hours, please also include information about your fit for the other areas in which you have significant experience: grants and contract management, HR functions, organizational data/database management, experience with CRM tools or workflow management software, or management of outsourced services.
- List of three to five references. We will not contact them unless you are a finalist for the position.
Search the Site
Get in Touch
Crisis Hotline: 719-545-8195
DV Services: 719-545-8195
801 N. Santa Fe Ave.
Pueblo, CO 81003